You cannot work your way to heaven. Salvation, and even your own belief, is all of grace alone, a gift from God only enjoyed by the elect. But beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, things that accompany salvation, according as God’s divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue, therefore, give all diligence to add to your faith virtue, that when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall not be found wanting, nor be told “I never knew you, depart from me”, but instead receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. Because it is not enough to bring a lamp, nor even to bring a lamp filled with oil, but rather, it behoves us to strive to procure in advance an extra vessel of oil to bring with us to greet our Lord when he appears a second time to look for and usher us into His wedding feast.
- Click for Sub-Menus
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Women Of The Bible
Top Posts & Pages
- A Gentle Introduction To Death
- How to Find the End of the Scotch Tape
- Berkhof on the dangers of micro-interpretation of parables and Biblical types.
- Win Banner Of Truth Books
- To Christians unhappy or critical of this year's US presidential election result...
- The Grace Of Noah's Ark
- Make A Plan For God's Life
- God doesn’t need to have foreknowledge of your good works, because He’s not going to save you by works anyway.
- Appreciating Medieval Christianity
- Preach until they are hardened.